Wednesday, May 18, 2011

coming soon....Culture Day

In my classes we have been working on a huge project for the last month. I have given them 1-2 days each week for research, printing, and designing their posters. For the project the students are in small groups. They each have a different country and are responsible for making a poster full of specific information as well as info they find intriguing and also bringing a food dish pertaining to their country. Let me fill you in on how it has been going.


  •  I  introduced the project-the students were really excited.
  • The students realized they had to put the information in their own words and site their sources      (What! Aw Man)
  • We did a lot of discussion on what quality information was and what was junk
  • The light bulb went off in their minds
  • Poster boards went out 
  • Information/decorations went on poster boards
  • I had a dream that the projects turned out to be awesome
  • I went to school the next day and saw how AWESOME the projects were turning out



Next week is culture day for each of my classes. I will be posting some pictures of the posters later. I am proud of these guys. They have shown such growth and creativity!

~Proud Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment