Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Could this be any better?

This past school year has been full of learning, growing, laughing, and maybe even a little cussing (Sorry Jesus) :)
My 1st year teaching was in a 6th grade class in a pretty tough school. That being said, I felt like I handled the year pretty well. There were days when I questioned my ability to teach, my ability to cope, and even my ability to survive. There were also days when I knew that I was exactly where I was supposed to be and could see lives being changed. I am so happy for the opportunity that I was given. I grew as a teacher and  a person. About mid January I started debating on my plans for the next school year. Should I stay here where I know I'll have a job? Should I try to get in to elementary school where my heart is? Should I just run away to an island and not worry about any of it?  I went back and forth until May. After talking with my husband, mom, and close friends I decided that it was time for me to step out in faith and follow my heart. I talked to my principal and the "journey" began.

 Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I had been emailing every elementary principal I knew and got a handful of "call me laters". A student of mine comes into class and tells me he wont be back next year. When I asked where he was going he told me Milestones Charter.

Long story short- I emailed the principal that day, 5 min later had an interview set up. Interviewed last Friday and got the Job today. (I literally just had my last day of school yesterday, hence the quotes around "journey")

The school seems awesome, the principal is very nice and welcoming, and I get to teach 2nd grade. This will be such an awesome year full of new challenges but even greater relationships!

Here is the verse I was reading yesterday as I worried over if I had the job or not


Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, 
and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment